Thursday, September 27, 2012

Week 3 CPP Rankings


I’m still reeling from an especially crazy 36 hours or so that included three huge trades, an epic FAAB war over Ryan Williams, the imminent return of the refs, and the news about Beanie that is likely more relevant to our league than it is to the Arizona Cardinals. That’s why fantasy football is amazing, because a Tuesday and Wednesday can be as exciting as a Sunday.

Last week was an especially weird one that saw Donnie score his most points yet and lose, Nick score his least points yet and win, and each team leave an average of over 20 points on their bench. The CPP is starting to settle down a bit, so from here on out the numbers should act as a true Power Ranking.

Week 3 Rankings

1.       Weissbard – CPP: 170.77, Last Week: 3rd
Benefitting extremely from picking up Andre Brown as well as playing the most accurate roster of anyone, the little guy takes over the top spot. Unfortunately for Weissbard, he sits at 1-2 because of some tough matchups. The CPP believes in your team, and so do I. Good seeing you at Bruce, hope you enjoyed the tailgate.

2.       New Gutman – CPP: 156.83, Last Week: 2nd
You’ve won your last two matchups by a combined 1.6 points. Ordinarily the CPP would punish you for such luck, as well as your irresponsible absence from the draft, but I’ve made it too quantitative for that. You may stay undefeated this week, but I see your team destined for a drop-off once Dalton comes back to Earth and Forte steals most of Bush’s work.

3.       Esco – CPP: 154.5, Last Week: 6th
Losing Beanie for most of the season minutes after trading for him hurts, but I would highly doubt that he was your main target in that trade. I’m not sold on S-Jax by any means, but getting Marshall not only upgrades your receiving corps, it also removes a difficult lineup decision every week, and there is absolutely something to be said for that.

4.       Kumpf – CPP: 146.53, Last Week: 5th
I won a matchup I shouldn’t have in Week 2, and I probably lost one I should have won in Week 3. Regardless, I think my core of Brady/McCoy/Martin/Harvin/Lloyd/Graham can compete with anyone. And I’ll find out as I go up against Ajay’s stacked but banged up team this week.

5.       Joseph – CPP: 142.57, Last Week: 1st
I’m shocked and appalled that you won by 20+ while putting up 73 points, but that’s more Zacherman’s fault than yours. I’m a bit confused as to why you have three defenses on your roster, but you’re 3-0 so I guess it’s working. I hope the Party Bus worked out for the rest of the tailgate, and for those who haven’t seen Joseph’s picture of The Boss, it’s pretty sick.

6.       Alan – CPP: 141.8, Last Week: 7th
If Billy hadn’t agreed to our trade, I likely would have made the same deal with Alan for DMC. I felt bad leaving the Muffin Man hanging like that, but he rebounded quickly and made a move with Barnard within 12 hours. While he clearly gave up the best player, once Spiller comes back Alan’s lineup with be Stafford/Spiller/Gore/Torrey/Desean. He’s pretty fucked at TE and Flex, but after his draft-day disaster, Alan has rebounded nicely.

7.       Ajay – CPP: 134.9, Last Week: 4th
Your lack of depth will be tested for the first time this week, as Reggie may not play. You’re lucky he escaped without a more serious injury, but the only thing that can keep you out of the playoffs would be if the knees of your RBs don’t hold up. We should have quite the battle this weekend.

8.       AGD – CPP: 131, Last Week: 9th
I have no idea what happened to you guys two weeks ago. You put up 100+ in Weeks 1 and 3, but less than half that in Week 2. Obviously Charles won’t go bananas every week, but it’s a good sign for you guys that he showed some life for the first time. Even if you lose to Alan this week, getting Forte back soon will keep you guys in contention the whole season.

9.       Bennett – CPP: 116.13, Last Week: 11th
I gotta say I’m proud of you. Three weeks into the 2012 season and you’ve already doubled your win count from last year, congrats. Even the Tashard Choice roster spot made you look good last week, though you didn’t start him (Chris Ogbonnaya?). With Freddie possibly back this week, you may have a chance of competing with Joseph.

10.   Barnard – CPP: 111.5, Last Week: 8th
I still can’t believe you got Ryan Williams. Odds are he won’t amount to shit, but on principle it pisses me off. The trade puts you in a good spot because even after getting rid of Desean and Torrey, you still have Stevie and Reggie to package to a receiver needy team (Kimmel) if you so choose. The only issue with getting Welker is that it’s not as easy to refer to him by his first name, which was clearly your strategy while targeting receivers.

11.   Donnie – CPP: 99.67, Last Week: 14th
Tough loss last week, but the cure to that is always Kimmel. I don’t see a championship team for you this year, but you’ll be competitive every week. You’re also in the odd position of rooting for an injury to one of your own players for the benefit of another. Until that happens, it’s gonna be tough to start J-Stew or D-Will, but the rest of your roster appears to have its shit together.

12.   Billy – CPP: 96.23, Last Week: 10th
I love the way Billy thinks about trades. He texts me “Give me fifteen minutes. I need to have a beer and I’ll think about it.” He texts me back 2 hours later accepting the trade, which to me means that it took him 8 beers to come to grips with getting rid of Shady. Either way, I think the trade gives him the depth he needs so he can stop starting guys like Andre Roberts and Nate Burleson.

13.   Kimmel – CPP: 83.17, Last Week: 13th
I don’t think we’ve ever gotten an explanation on your team name. I get that it’s an actual city in Austria, but every time I see it, it makes me think you have something against the country itself. I may be missing a reference here, but for your annual email to the league, I’m just curious what it’s all about. And also you lost again, which is no surprise.

14.   Zacherman – CPP: 78.4, Last Week: 12th
You gotta hope that this trade rejuvenates your squad, or rather juvenates it, because you’ve shown no signs of life so far. The trade locks down your starting receivers, which is nice, but you still have enormous question marks at RB and TE, and it’s obvious that Cam isn’t playing at the same level he was last year. I have him in another league, so I’m praying that he turns it around, but you will live and die with his performance, and it’s been a slow death so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment